Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Stormwind Council

+2
Cid
Littlepip
6 posters

Go down

The Stormwind Council Empty The Stormwind Council

Post by Littlepip Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Hello, and welcome.

The topic at hand is a rather broad one that requires experience to answer. But don't think you've got nothing to contribute just because you've never been in a seat before, I'd still love to hear about your perspective; onto the question.

I've been surfing a few servers, Defias Brotherhood, Paragon and Argent Dawn mainly. But having been around I've noticed one thing that is unique to Defias only, a working, stable Stormwind Council. Aka; a unifying force which delegates rules and laws that the player has to abide to due to them more often then enough either being Nobles, having the law on their side or being the most intelligent players on the server at the time. At best, all of the above at the same time.

This has been viewed with both content, complacency and/or often joy. The effects of having a working council I suspect is consequence to your action should you break the law, or order to a chaotic mess that feels lucid without the ground that is the council beneath it to support and uphold the others.

(If you want the short and sweet of it, though still please read through the wall of text to understand the context, my question is the following. Why is it that the council exists and works on Defias Brotherhood do you think, and would it be possible to replicate the effects on Argent Dawn or Paragon. And if so, what would the effects be?)
Don't be afraid of going crazy and dancing around the answer.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Stormwind Council Empty Re: The Stormwind Council

Post by Cid Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:46 am

We did have visitors over from AD to study what we did on Senate some years ago. I haven't heard anything about them having taken up anything similar over there however, so I reckon that style of roleplay wasn't really their thing.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:40 pm

I doubt it will ever be something the masses would /could work with,  for many wow offers more of a pick up and play RP that isn't too committed due to real life or lack of desire to keep involved.

Personally I love the idea of longer term RP and don't mind being in the less heroic/action RP as often

To answer your question as to why the council survives time = Malemore

The event host is persistent enough to keep it going despite quieter times,  commitment by its host has allowed it time to become a known thing every week as such everyone knows,  my bet is on the council would of disbanded some time ago if it wasn't for a determined few to see it between its more active times.

The senate has the same advantage in that its host has committed firmly to see its survival, if you want to replicate it else where it simply takes time and asking your self can you commit to seeing it grow over time and become something
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:05 pm

I never really considered the how of council honestly. It is actually an anomaly even back in the days when defias-brotherhood was a larger population.

It was started as just a place for guilds to announce events and rp plans to the other guilds to try get inter-guild interactions. It evolved into something a little bigger with the idea of guards rights and such, which then needed laws everyone could agree on. at that stage most of the major guilds had seats on the council. so the RP guilds all agreed to work within those laws (or out of them for the criminals).

Those days have past but the server now is used to that idea from back then, it's nearly built into the RP and new RP'ers are introduced to it early.

It will be interesting to see how it survives now that Maelmoor has stepped down.
Christabelle
Christabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Yeah as Christabelle says. It happened early in the server's lifespan when all the major players in the RP community banded together to create it, and then the server just kind of got conditioned to it. It wouldn't work if you tried to implement it on AD now.

Idk what Paragon is so can't speak to that.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Looking back at things, on how they came to exist in the first place is always entertaining, so long as your vision is not corrupted by rose tinted glasses. Finding out how in the world the Stormwind Council was in the first place made, and then built upon was very useful Christabelle.

Paragon, as well as Roleplayheaven/RPH are private roleplay servers, Ixirar.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:17 am

Sadly that was before I started playing seriously. The council has been around a long time. I'm not even sure if anyone from the founding days still plays.

The guess I made is based on things I remember hearing and a few contextual clues.
Christabelle
Christabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Darn you Littlepip, you have actually sent me down a philosophical path now that has shown me how my RP has not had the core that would protect the ideals of a council. I am currently minister of magic for the council and... personal RP is not as important as keeping an RP forum working. Council lets us argue in character to decide and fight in a way that works with RP but behind the smoke and show is irl people that want RP to work. It's a collection of ego's that realized they need a platform to have thier ego mean something. it's pure mutual respect... Honestly the council has no power but the ones in charge want to help and the ones that don't realise the council has no power look to them for stability.
Christabelle
Christabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:49 pm

i know council has never had power, but the show and the ceremony makes me feel there is something more, like a  real community instead of individuals trying to show each other how cool they think they are.

*Still love that avatar Littlepip, it is one of the best*
Christabelle
Christabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Reyxor/Dlaqev/Lucag Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:23 am

I wanted to tell my view on the topic. Concerning Council and Senate, they both are very similar technically.

-They would not be there, if they had no support. The idea is realistic, to have a political gathering for orders of an area and visitors for inter nation politics ofc.

-I'm sure Senate and Council has had their effect on each other and to the roleplayers in general.

-It's a more broad sense these events than having individual orders doing what they do separately and possibly together at times (campaigns) like it possibly is for example on Argent Dawn.

-So it has some realism with to bring to roleplay, in a world like that of warcraft such are very sound in roleplay, they so are working ideas and so they gain and deserve imo players to take part.

-If they were solely a one player ego trip, they would not be working, it's the idea that is working. People have also passion for playing their character as a prominent person in warcraft world, so ofc there is that too. Being a minister/senator still doesn't prevent anyone from being one as well, so it's pretty fair in relation to other players. Anyone can become senator/minister/councillor with some effort seen to it, so I don't want to blame anyone being such.

-Just people have sense to arrange such on DB et al. is respecteable thing, it's not to be blamed for having ofc possible personal interested in governing, heck don't you see how politics are in real world. Those with sharpest elbow are also there, however I don't see it's like that either tbh. Senate/Council have sort of not the narcissist, advanced with sharpest elbow in hierarchy or players with the biggest ego. It's just the fact, that some want to play such role, and it's done in a minimal way to govern roleplayers. If you don't want to accept the decisions or such, you don't have to play along in the decision makers point of view either. It's completely voluntary, wherter you want to play along. In the end it's a game, and you do it as you like, period. So blaming someone for his gaming interest/habit is to be considered impolite.

-Argent Dawn has so huge roleplayer population, that I wonder why they have not got such governing rp almost at all (if they don't have), but it must be more guild centered and ofc DB has had possibly different kind of roleplayers to start with such political and more realistic events. I always have held DB et al. more mature community, although there are some things better on AD, like the planning of events and executing those are a lot more developed than in general on DB et al. I also like their deeper immersion to some extent. Yet those too have some differences I personally don't see the way I like to play the game.
Reyxor/Dlaqev/Lucag
Reyxor/Dlaqev/Lucag

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down