Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MacGuffin Character

4 posters

Go down

MacGuffin Character Empty MacGuffin Character

Post by Sagefire - Dove Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:28 am

Good afternoon everyone!

Recently, I decided to create a new RP character whose entire purpose was to see how interaction between players and their characters could influence or change another character. In a way she is my own personal test, as she tests my ability to realistically grow a character who is designed to be flawed, straining my abilities as a role player, actor, and writer.

The thing about her, however, is that she is extremely powerful in character. While she is not on the same level of any of the primary lore powerhouses, she has abilities that go beyond the standard realm of RP. Again, this is a personal test, as to successfully play a character like that without hampering others RP is quite a challenge.

This brings me to the main point of this thread. This character, as an exercise in interaction, has no personal motives or goals, and I will never use the abilities she has to interfere or godmode. She is designed to have many, many exploitable flaws and weaknesses in order to balance the raw power she has (a technique used in some tabletop games where the main selling point is the RP and not the combat). However, I can see some groups of people having interest in manipulating such an individual to their own needs, and bending her to suit their goals. As the title suggests, she is a potential plot MacGuffin. If anyone has an interest in trying to use her as such, I would be thrilled to provide the opportunity.

If she doesn't work out, either because I step on too many toes or people don't want to RP with her, I have no qualms in resigning her as a character. As always, this is an attempt to add to the RP community, rather than to detract from it. She is not a personal power play by any means.

A link to some details: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Let me know what you all think.

Last edited by Sagefire - Dove on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Sagefire - Dove
Sagefire - Dove

Character sheet
Name: Anthaniel Sagefire
Title: Acolyte

Back to top Go down

MacGuffin Character Empty Re: MacGuffin Character

Post by Reynard Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:15 am

Nice idea.

Consider the Jack of Diamonds interested in her abilities - though what I have witnessed IC so far makes me think she has very violent potential, which is not my style. Equally, I think she is a bit of a blunt instrument which would be hard to control and could go badly wrong. It's in the Jack's M.O. to remain controlled and subtle, so I suspect he will steer clear. But I may be up for a conversation to see what/if I can manipulate her at all...

Either way, nice idea, and a good one to post this for clarity and openness.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagefire - Dove Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:24 pm

I am glad my intentions are clear then Smile I don't want any miscommunication around this character.

As for her being violent and a blunt instrument, well it has a lot to do with what her current master uses her for. She is incredibly mold-able, and can be bent for most purposes, even if the cause baffles her (she wouldn't comprehend why you would need to be passive, or what the purpose of such robberies would be, but she would be compliant and follow orders).
Sagefire - Dove
Sagefire - Dove

Character sheet
Name: Anthaniel Sagefire
Title: Acolyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:27 pm

Nothing wrong with the character. Being easily manipulate-able does compensate to ones might.

I've relayed information of this to Azure Flame and will involve myself to at least have a looks IC when opportunity arises and I find the time for it.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Liræi Roden Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:48 am

Sounds interesting, I would be interested in meeting the character sooner or later.
Liræi Roden
Liræi Roden

Character sheet
Name: Liræi Roden
Title: The Deceased Feral Hermit

http://raedin.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down