Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Excursionists

+3
Thelos
Bradley
Marzamara
7 posters

Go down

[A] The Excursionists Empty [A] The Excursionists

Post by Marzamara Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:15 pm

The Excursionists
IC Description
The Excursionists is an order, a syndicate, dedicated to protecting Azeroth sub rosa. No one must know we were there, and no one will know we were. Not even our lesser members. All will know we exist, but none will know what we do. While we are aware there are other orders which's raison d'être equals to ours, we've decided many of them are petty, conceited and inutile. I can hear you asking: what's our purpose? Everything we do, we do for the greater good. We believe killing one in order to save many is a necessity in this world. While virtue is subjective, we put our morals before the morals of others. No matter what the cost.

OOC Description
The Excursionists is a mysterious order avouching themselves as the epitome of good. They're deceitful and their goal remains vague to most outsiders. And that's our roleplaying background. It's left vague and mysterious on purpose. We want you, as a player, to be both suspicious and intrigued by our "order", just like your character may be. You may be wondering if we're actually good or not, and if you want us to answer that question: we believe we are doing the right thing. We have both the righteous and the iniquitous among our ranks.
Our OOC Goals
We want to create a deep and engaging roleplaying guild, where members will truly feel like they're in a mysterious order. They'll be trained, given assignments and learn more about the secrets of the order as they rise among the ranks. We do a lot of roleplay, and we're encouraging both new and experienced roleplayers to take part in the fun. Custom Total RP2 quests will also be used every now and then, to add to the fun. We want to cooperate with other guilds out-of-character, as much as possible, and we also want to make allies and foes in-character. We strongly encourage other guilds to contact us, either as enemies or friends, as long as it makes sense that they would do so.

Rules
OOC: Most of our rules are pretty basic. The Golden Rule (treat others such as you wish to be treated yourself) is always applied. We have zero tolerance for griefing of any kind. The guild chat is always OOC, and is to remain free from sensitive subjects. We strongly value respect in the guild, and we encourage all our members to cooperate.

IC: Our IC rules are a bit harsher. During roleplaying, your character must always adress higher-ranking members by their rank. Secrecy is important: revealing any information about our order to anyone, is strictly forbidden. Your character must listen to and abide their trainers and officers.

What You Need to Know Before Joining
You have to be able to follow all our rules. This means you, as a player, have to follow the OOC rules, while your character has to be able to follow the IC rules. While not required, you are strongly advised to use the Total RP2 addon. All our officers are required to use it, and it makes roleplaying much smoother.
We, as a guild, strongly opposes any kind of griefing, especially RP-griefing. If you don't agree with another guild, or another player, we expect of you to handle it in a polite and mature way.

How To Join
If you wish to join The Excursionists, your character should send a letter to Marzamara. If I'm online, you can also whisper me. If your character isn't fond of death knights, you can instead send a letter to Mizhaenaa.

FAQ
What sort of assignments and tasks can I expect as a member? Anything. I know that's vague, but it's the best word to sum it up. However, don't expect to go on any covert operations if you play a death knight, or do any spellwork as a non-casting class.
What races and classes are allowed to join? Class or race doesn't matter. How you're treated, and what kind of assignments you can expect, will vary, however. Expect to do a lot of academic tasks as a mage, and a lot of field-work as a rogue or a warrior.
Is the guild really led by a death knight? That's what it seems like, doesn't it?

Marzamara

Back to top Go down

[A] The Excursionists Empty Re: [A] The Excursionists

Post by Bradley Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Lovely

And welcome to the forums, best of luck yeah
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:25 pm

This sure is mysterious! Throwing your lot in with this guild seems - for better or for worse - a Leap of Faith.

Color me intruiged. While not necessarily interested in joining for now, maybe my character can play a meaningful part in your unraveling story. If you need ever need any magical knicknacks, reagents or artifacts, feel free to swing by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in the Trade District whenever I (Agathéa) am on.

Best of luck with your guild!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:08 pm

It's an intriguing concept, I must admit. Best of luck to you guys.
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Marzamara Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:00 pm

Thank you all for the good luck wishes! It glads me to see such a welcoming community! ^^ <3
Thelos wrote:
Color me intruiged. While not necessarily interested in joining for now, maybe my character can play a meaningful part in your unraveling story. If you need ever need any magical knicknacks, reagents or artifacts, feel free to swing by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in the Trade District whenever I (Agathéa) am on.
Maybe we just happen to stumble across your little store and make an unexpected proposal of affiliation. ^^

Marzamara

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:18 pm

I love that you have a Death Knight guild master that is not a creepy evil cultist!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Do also remember to post a copy of the recruitment on DB Realm Forums on Battle.net. This place is very good to announce your presence and maybe grab some recruits but not all are aware of this site, so catching newer people that are up for roleplaying are more likely to found from the other forums. Smile
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Marzamara Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:21 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:I love that you have a Death Knight guild master that is not a creepy evil cultist!
Someone's got to stick out of the crowd, right?

Skarain wrote:Do also remember to post a copy of the recruitment on DB Realm Forums on Battle.net. This place is very good to announce your presence and maybe grab some recruits but not all are aware of this site, so catching newer people that are up for roleplaying are more likely to found from the other forums. Smile
Done! You have my thanks for adding us to Alliance RP Guild List! <3

Marzamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexiax Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:01 pm

Are you still around? I haven't seen this guild around and about, but that could just be the guild doing their jobs very well.
Nexiax
Nexiax

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marzamara Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Nexiax wrote:Are you still around? I haven't seen this guild around and about, but that could just be the guild doing their jobs very well.

We're currently not active, no. The guild isn't entirely dead, but there's no active roleplaying at the moment, and some of our members have switched servers and many have simply left the guild.

Might add, to anyone reading this, that if you have any questions you can try to contact some of the other officers. That'd be Darkángél and Nezto. That being said, I'll be back for WoD, and when it's been discussed what we'll do next, I'll update this post here if we reform it or disband it, or whatever we do.

Have a nice day! Smile

Last edited by Marzamara on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : One typo, and lots of other grammar I'm too lazy to correct)

Marzamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum