Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY: Community Event

2 posters

Go down

DIY: Community Event Empty DIY: Community Event

Post by Webbles Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:02 am

Spoiler:

DIY: Community Event

1. Right click a day on your in-game calendar and select 'Create Event'.

2. Invite other guilds.

The people listed below are the people taking care of the guilds' calendars. They are usually guild masters or officers, but if your guild has a low rank member who loves putting things on your calendar, they belong on this list as well! Try to not add too many contacts, though. If your guild and/or contacts are not on this list or up to date, please comment below!

Alliance:

Horde:

Guildless:

3. Right click the invitees and grant them moderator status so they can easily copy the description you wrote.

4. If you have your own guild to invite as well, create a separate, identical event on the calendar, but this time choose 'Create Guild Event' (if you cannot choose this, your guild rank lacks the privilege and only your guild master can change that). This is what you should also do if you are receiving the community event invitation from someone else.

5. Advertise on the LFRP channel (/join LFRP) in-game, and/or make an advert here on DefiasRP.

Last edited by Webbles on Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet
Name: Webbles Boozeboat
Title: Her Majesty

http://thescarlet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

DIY: Community Event Empty Re: DIY: Community Event

Post by Webbles Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:05 am

I also thought it might be worth making some sort of sheet that lists each guild's regular event days, so that the community events would get as many attendees as possible.

PS. I removed people from the lists based on who I haven't seen in a while, so there probably are some mistakes! The Horde part I based entirely on Skarain's guild list. So - please correct me!
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:09 am

Great idea - and thanks for thinking of us guildless dudes too.  One small correction:   I'm Reynard-Sporeggar.

Cheers!
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:38 pm

Oh, right! Fixed.

So does anyone have any thoughts about listing guilds' regular event/meeting days?

On one hand it could make it easier to get as many attendees as possible, since with a small community like ours, even one guild being out doing their own things may have a big effect on the number of attendees.

On the other hand there's a chance it'll end up being used to exclude a guild that the host doesn't like, or that it happens by accident because the host has no other available days and then the 'excluded' guild misinterprets it.
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down