Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New, but Worried

+3
Robin Drake
siegmund
vixenVIPER
7 posters

Go down

New, but Worried Empty New, but Worried

Post by vixenVIPER Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:45 pm

Hello, Defias-dwellers,

I am vixenVIPER and new to the RP scene here on Defias Brotherhood!
I've not roleplayed a lot (though I roleplayed for the first time in TBC), but being a natural at writing and in the possession of a functional brain I've taught myself the art of roleplay, and discovered personal preferences.
As I will be raiding here in WoD, I was hoping that the roleplay community would have a lot to offer as I'd like to RP in my spare time, between raids.
I have a few questions to this newfound community that is You, in hopes to find some quality roleplay in the near future!

1. My first question relates to size. Now, I know Defias Brotherhood isn't the largest roleplay hub (far from it) so I understand that we might be...limited. But for me roleplay was always about quality over quantity (unlike Argent Dawn which seems to be infested with toxic players too focused on their personal, real-life needs than having a good time developing a character), but I wonder...
    Is this server fixated on cliques? Do you focus on circle-RP a lot, or are you really open and like to explore new things with new people?

2. My second question regards quality. This is a very blunt question and I know people's opinions will differ greatly because standards differ; but what is the overall highs and lows when it comes to RP here? What do people do well and what do they fail at?

3. And third, where does RP occur? Can I expect random RP in the middle of no where or do people dwell in cities? I noticed Darnassus was empty the few times I checked, and Stormwind is out of the bloody question.

Thank you in advance for any replies, and I hope to meet you in-game!
vixenVIPER
vixenVIPER

Character sheet
Name: Falradyia Sorrowcrest
Title: Druid in Training

Back to top Go down

New, but Worried Empty Re: New, but Worried

Post by siegmund Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:01 pm

I'll just be short but others will add better and longer answers!

I'll just mention for the last one.

Right now the bulk of the server is in the Blasted lands both Horde and Alliance, even some cross faction RP going on there. You should find people in say Stormwind like a bar group or two, depending a bit, but yeah Blasted Lands is your best bet for a good bulk of activity.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:57 pm

1) From experience I would say that the best RP does take place n cliques and circles. Smaller groups of people who are active always make for better roelplay partners, that said checking these forums you'll always find an amazing event crop up now and again which anybody can take part in. If executed well these can be great fun too considering you get to meet new people and explore their type of RP. Most of the quality RP falls into guilds however.

2) What do people do well and what do people fail at? Not really for me or anyone to say. Everyone has their own style of RP and the question is based entirely on opinion. The majority of the Rpers especially people on this forum are above average Rpers I wouldn't say anyone does things badly :/

3) Like Siegmund said most of the current RP is taking place in the Blasted Lands. I also imagine with the release of WoD those who enjoy the epic war-campaign RP will continue onwards into Draenor. People who aren't interested in taking part in that sorta' thing or restricted by level you will probably find in Stormwind or guilds off on events in a specific location throughout Azeroth. Cannot speak on behalf of the guild but I'm pretty sure Darnassus would be occupied by Natures Grasp the Night Elf guild if they weren't in the Blasted Lands. So seems you just visited at a bad time Smile

Good luck!
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:19 am

Firstly, welcome to the community.

Secondly the difference between AD and DB is personal preference to be honest. I don't intend to leave DB any time soon because I prefer it to AD.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:59 am

Unless there are events going on, like the current ones in Blasted Land, or you are part of the circles currently doing rp in some place, then Stormwind is the place to go. On normal occassions you won't find stuff many other places than there.

Edit: Quality is debateable. It depends on who you rp with and what kind of rp you like, but there are people who do bad and do really well on either side.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:34 am

vixenVIPER wrote:Hello, Defias-dwellers,

I am vixenVIPER and new to the RP scene here on Defias Brotherhood!
I've not roleplayed a lot (though I roleplayed for the first time in TBC), but being a natural at writing and in the possession of a functional brain I've taught myself the art of roleplay, and discovered personal preferences.
As I will be raiding here in WoD, I was hoping that the roleplay community would have a lot to offer as I'd like to RP in my spare time, between raids.
I have a few questions to this newfound community that is You, in hopes to find some quality roleplay in the near future!

1. My first question relates to size. Now, I know Defias Brotherhood isn't the largest roleplay hub (far from it) so I understand that we might be...limited. But for me roleplay was always about quality over quantity (unlike Argent Dawn which seems to be infested with toxic players too focused on their personal, real-life needs than having a good time developing a character), but I wonder...
    Is this server fixated on cliques? Do you focus on circle-RP a lot, or are you really open and like to explore new things with new people?

2. My second question regards quality. This is a very blunt question and I know people's opinions will differ greatly because standards differ; but what is the overall highs and lows when it comes to RP here? What do people do well and what do they fail at?

3. And third, where does RP occur? Can I expect random RP in the middle of no where or do people dwell in cities? I noticed Darnassus was empty the few times I checked, and Stormwind is out of the bloody question.

Thank you in advance for any replies, and I hope to meet you in-game!

1. DB now that servers have merged and the like is like the 2nd biggest rp community? In any case - I wouldn't call our server specifically based around cliques, but most of the RP is ultimately handled between guilds. events are arranged between guilds and while most of the time there is plenty of room to let other people join in, the onus is on the loners to force themselves in. Maybe there's an event posted here on the forum, maybe not. The thing is; most event planners keep it to their guilds - and when it goes beyond the guild, they talk to the other guild reps they know. which again isn't that lone Rpers aren't appreciated, heck they really are, but because people don't know who to contact and so don't bother. There are a few people on this server that are all about getting as many people involved as they can to bring people into the community.

2. Fuck this question. this is a stupid question. Don't ask question about what we think about everyone else. that's like stupid. RP with us, with the different guilds who all have different identities and different philosophies to approach the game with. There is no hyvemind of acceptable RP. If there was DB wouldn't be the most perfect blend of drama that a lot of us enjoy percolating in.

3. There's a decent kaldorei RP scene, but again that's focussed in guild. nature's grasp mostly one of the vanilla original guilds \o/, for random RP its mostly Stormwind. most zones are empty unless something is happening there. or if you happen to cross paths with whomever it is. this is an RP community of what? 100-200 people at most, that's not a lot for random rp to happen everywhere, hence the most story-development is through events and inter-intra guild RP. and if you want get to that sweet spot - you'll just have to join one of the dozens of guilds and find one that fits you. Unless you're a very open person, that goes out of his way to talk to people and get into contact with people on an ooc basis and IC basis so you get fed information about shit happening then you can go at it alone.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by vixenVIPER Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Thank you for the replies, guys! I do feel that there was some hostile misunderstandings though, regarding Question 2.
Amaryl. Amaryl. Amaryl. Hi, Amaryl. *Snicker*

Amaryl wrote:
vixenVIPER wrote:

[*]My second question regards quality. This is a very blunt question and I know people's opinions will differ greatly because standards differ; but what is the overall highs and lows when it comes to RP here? What do people do well and what do they fail at?

[*]

2. Fuck this question. this is a stupid question. Don't ask question about what we think about everyone else. that's like stupid. RP with us, with the different guilds who all have different identities and different philosophies to approach the game with. There is no hyvemind of acceptable RP. If there was DB wouldn't be the most perfect blend of drama that a lot of us enjoy percolating in.

[*]

I ask this in case there is a very large number of people doing a certain thing, such as not abiding to lore and making up their own, or a large number of people who can't tell the difference between IC and OOC. I'm only asking this if it's a LARGE number of people doing this, so large that it's not if you've encountered one or two because that's a given. They exist everywhere. >.<

I also noticed you focused on the negative here, Amaryl, when I also asked what people generally do well on your server. You know, what makes you guys shine.

But I guess I'll have to uh. See for myself. I will try hard to stay out of Stormwind because my night elf has no reason to dwell there and be a city elf when there are more important things to do, surely. But uhm... Maybe I'll make a human just to try it out! Get a taste so to speak. I'll also see about getting in touch with that Nelf guild you mentioned and see what they're all about.

Thanks again, everyone! Very Happy
vixenVIPER
vixenVIPER

Character sheet
Name: Falradyia Sorrowcrest
Title: Druid in Training

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:50 pm

You could always join the Nelf guild Nature's Grasp or the multiracial Wild Tempest. And as for the quality of RP, it's the same as anywhere really. There will always be people that take it too literally, and people that literally don't follow lore at all. On the whole it's a nice and unique server with some nice people, some interesting server lore, and some entertaining drama.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum