Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brother Bear - Nemestrinus

2 posters

Go down

Brother Bear - Nemestrinus Empty Brother Bear - Nemestrinus

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun May 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Crunch, crunch, crunch...

The autumn leaves broke gently under the bear's huge paw, it's jet black fur was in deep contrast to the green foliage that surrounded it. Within it's enormous maw was a bloodied fawn, it had two large piercings to the neck, it had suffered a quick and peaceful death. Odd for an animal. The bear approached a large cave, the entrance climbed up the face of the hill and crawled to the edges, the inner workings of the cavern were quite complex it was big enough to host ten mothers and their cubs. The black bear trudged along the drawn out tunnel until he reached a colossal brown matriarch, she was nearly twenty times the size of her cubs, but only half the size of the Black Bear. Without stopping the bear dropped the fawn for the small cubs whom set upon it swiftly. Turning the Ebon Bear advanced casually back the way he came.

Creek, creek, creek...

A behemothic ancient strode past the bear's den a faint smile upon it's bushy lips, something leapt from it's shoulder gracefully and hit the ground without a sound, no leaves broke under it's foot, it was silent. The dark bear burst into the moonlight and growled deeply, he smelt an unfamiliar animal near and his pride would see no harm come to his den. He was wary of the cubs although he knew none were his own flesh and blood. Gradually something came from behind the bear, with a snarl an amber furred feline leapt upon the bear's back digging it's claws in deeply, as it did a strange emerald aura emanated from then and the bear fell still. Jumping from it's back the feline shapeshifted into a druid who seemed to flee immediately after. From the darkness another figure appeared, her long amethyst hair reached her lower back, she wore nothing but a simple robe and a beautiful ruby butterfly tattoo upon her face. Carefully and with great care she touched the bear's forehead, a pulse like a shock came from her palm and into the bear's very soul, it was felt like the bear's skeleton was being pulled from it's flesh. The bear threw itself onto it's hindlegs, he exploded in a bright viridian light and there stood a second druid, as pure as the day Elune made him, his sapphire hair twinkled in the moonlight, he gazed at the priestess, "Welcome back, Brother Bear." she said giggling.

Pant, pant, pant...

The forest looked so different through the eyes of an elf, frantically the 'bear' gazed round his eyes finally settling on a small cup, half-filled with water. The priestess smiled at him, "It's just water. You need to drink something." The druid nodded and grasped the drink, however his mammoth palm caused him difficultly, eventually he downed the water, his panting ceased. Standing, the priestess spoke very clearly and with a hint of authority, "Come. We must return you to the others. So many sleep, but you seem to have just gone a whole new direction. Mm?" The druid opened his mouth but all that escaped was a lone growl. His mind flooded with things to say, but none came to tongue, how long had he been stuck in that form? No matter, this woman seemed to know so much and the druid was not about to stay in the forest whilst he smelt like a Brother Bear. "Do you have a name? Mine is Mia, Mia Wildleaf." The bear looked at her, he only blinked a few times as if attempting to convey some communication. "Don't worry, your voice will return. I probably should give you a name, you can be my Bear, Brother.. Mmm.. Brother Bear. Haha, how appropriate." The priestess chuckled to herself as the two walked towards Astranaar, through the dense foliage underfoot..
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Brother Bear - Nemestrinus Empty Re: Brother Bear - Nemestrinus

Post by Shaelyssa Mon May 17, 2010 10:23 am

Nemestrinus! I think I still have the Brother Bear ring on my priestess Smile. At any rate, I absolutely loved the descriptions here. The language was very emotive and powerful and I really felt myself immersed in the scene! It certainly described the way in which a druid would feel under the circumstances you detailed. Over all, well done a million times over!

(Oh an I love the sub-forum's name haha! Wink )
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon May 17, 2010 2:40 pm

Shaelyssa wrote:Nemestrinus! I think I still have the Brother Bear ring on my priestess Smile. At any rate, I absolutely loved the descriptions here. The language was very emotive and powerful and I really felt myself immersed in the scene! It certainly described the way in which a druid would feel under the circumstances you detailed. Over all, well done a million times over!

(Oh an I love the sub-forum's name haha! Wink )

Thank you! And do you? awhhh... <3
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down