Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death knight military RP, who would be interested?

+11
Dorothee/Duvaineth
EShadowsong
Sullee Swiftspeech
Coppernut
erwtenpeller
Skarain
Thelos
Littlepip
siegmund
Raene
Raenmar
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Death knight military RP, who would be interested? Empty Death knight military RP, who would be interested?

Post by Raenmar Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Yeah I'm gauging interest for a lot of stuff right now.

After a discussion with Dec about class requirements and the lack of a DK guild I came up with a vague idea. Whether or not it'll happen depends on a lot of things (firstly whether TGC officers agree with it).

A division of the Greyford Company solely for DKs. So it'd essentially be DK-specific RP mixed closely with the rest of Northern RP. It'd be heavy military, maybe uniforms, maybe not. Training, patrols, and the dirtier work that the living are too valuable to be used for. The division would only accept worgen and Gilnean DKs (that's the current idea, at least).

I was just wondering if anyone finds the idea interesting, would like to give opinions or support. If there's no interest we probably we do it, but we've had to turn away recruits in the past because of their class so it could work.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Death knight military RP, who would be interested? Empty Re: Death knight military RP, who would be interested?

Post by Raene Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:00 pm

DK RPers - Small pool

Worgen DK RPers - Smaller pool

Worgen DK RPers who like the Military - Tiny miniscule pool.

Raenmar, if I were you I'd think your ideas through a little more thoroughly first. Take a look on the forum and you can take a rough estimate as to what the current RP trends are here. Right now, there does not seem to be a call for DK Military RPers, nevermind Gilnean ones.

That and well... You're looking at an idea that still has a lot of uncertainty about it. There's no point gauging interest if you yourself aren't committed to the idea.

No dis-respect bud', but this is something you need to sort in-house. Take a look at what people are coming to you, see if it fits in with the theme of your guild, and spread the word IC beforehand. Maybe even post the change that you're accepting DK in your Registry topic (if you have one).
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Death knight military RP, who would be interested? Empty Re: Death knight military RP, who would be interested?

Post by siegmund Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:03 pm

ICly if i were you i'd say work that the living cannot handle. Else they would not feel like they are defending their former country, just getting killed by the ginger druid.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:10 pm

It's a small pool because there's nothing for them. There used to be a fair amount of DK RPers before the Ebon guild died and they had nowhere to RP. This would give people who would like some guilded DK RP the chance to do it, and it would bring in RPers that would otherwise go elsewhere for DK RP (such as to AD).

The idea is uncertain because I'd like to get opinions from people who would have some interest rather than creating something that could be too restrictive or unappealing. I'm prepared to commit to it if anybody actually wants it, but if there's interest I'd like to shape the idea around that interest.

Sieg, I'd word it with a bit more tact in our recruitment posters Wink
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:30 pm

Sieg, I'd word it with a bit more tact in our recruitment posters

Posters don't matter. When you see a advertisement on TV it's cool (Rarely).
When you go and buy a item then, you realize you (Like 99% of the time) bought a bad item. See my point?

A division is too much, when there are so little. Start small. And put less OOC advertising into it and more IC.

Also ask the officers/people ICly and stuff.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:36 pm

I can't advertise ICly when nobody RPs military DKs based on the lack of stuff OOC. Honestly, in 2 and a half years of running this guild, we've only ever gotten a single member through IC ingame advertisement.

And there's really no point asking questions about the concept IC. A character will probably agree a uniform is necessary even if the player hates the idea of farming it.

As for size, I'm not saying it's a big division. I haven't considered it being anything more than 4 DKs. The idea is just that they'd be separated from the main force under a different sergeant.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:40 pm

If you want to ressurect the Death Knight Rp again wouldn't it be better to form another ebon blade guild instead?
What I em wondering most about is why the first Death Knight guild failed.

Btw, noticed that spoiler you had raenmar xD Reminds me about a certain dwarf I have.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:34 am

I'm not trying to resurrect DK RP, just facilitate it. I don't have the time to start an Ebon guild, but a death knight division at least provides somewhere for certain types of characters/players to fit in, and it'd fit with TGC quite nicely.

First DK guild died because of all the ganking. It was pretty bad back then.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:57 am

I don't see what this 'division' would add for a Death Knight that joining any other random military guild wouldn't already offer him. What's the difference between joining this regiment and joining, say, that fancy new Storm Lions guild, or Wild Tempest?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:21 am

DK-specific RP, that's the entire point.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:35 am

But isn't the conflict that creates the best of Roleplay? An undead killing machine, even if an Alliance-sided in middle of his living comrades, constantly roleplaying out that he is indeed dead, smelling like a corpse and having an icy chill around him.... that is bound to create conflict. Defias Brotherhood have always been about racial and class guilds, but why? Why do we need a guild or a separate sect to everything, i wonder.

Regardless, that is just my views.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:47 am

Add warlocks as well. I don't see why not. As long as they are lawful and only let demons feast on horde flesh (Only when you need them to ofc). There should be no issue!

Of course the warlock has to know this and that and not be who knows what. Why should there be restrictions against the more darker classes? It just makes them have to make their own guilds and then they just go evil (Evil as in killing you not the enemy).

Heck, if a deathknight wants to explore the world i'll take him with me. If a warlock helps me figure out how that artifact won't kill us all, thanks the lig-- Shadow???

Just my opinion though.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 am

Well, I wish you good luck with this, but I do not think my the guild or the initiative would suit my death knight. Here's hoping there are others out there that it does suit!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:39 am

Your death knight belongs in a light-botherers guild Wink
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppernut Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:28 pm

Skarain wrote:But isn't the conflict that creates the best of Roleplay? An undead killing machine, even if an Alliance-sided in middle of his living comrades, constantly roleplaying out that he is indeed dead, smelling like a corpse and having an icy chill around him.... that is bound to create conflict.
i'm with skarain on this one
Coppernut
Coppernut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:29 pm

If this improves the quality of the average worgen DK RP'er, I like it..
Won't join it, but I'd wish you the best of luck.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Coppernut wrote:
Skarain wrote:But isn't the conflict that creates the best of Roleplay? An undead killing machine, even if an Alliance-sided in middle of his living comrades, constantly roleplaying out that he is indeed dead, smelling like a corpse and having an icy chill around him.... that is bound to create conflict.
i'm with skarain on this one

Why wouldn't there be conflict? They'd still be based with the normal forces, work with the normal forces, etc. But people aren't going to roll a DK if they want to RP a standard soldier. DB has had racial and class guilds because people enjoy RP based around a specific race or class. That's why people roll DKs, that's why people play Gilneans. We could accept DKs in exactly the same way we accept normal soldiers, but that'd be a waste of potential RP and it'd make absolutely no sense IC.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:49 am

Really like the idea but I think there should be more then just worgen Death knights just to expand it a little, its just an idea tho, you decide for yourself.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EShadowsong Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:44 pm

This is quite a good idea and can really foster some top quality DK RP. On Moon Guard, we have a guild called Knights of Menethil. I interact with them quite a bit IC and OOC and they're going to be a huge part of my upcoming RP. I would encourage people to get behind this idea as a Death Knight guild, at least the way they have done it, can be very successful.

EShadowsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Tue May 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Ur idea is a good one. Raenmar. I am back in Rp and recreated the Wardens. In the registry part u can read and learn more about us. Some Dks of the guild do serve the alliance when not on Ebon Missions. I see the possibility of the Wardens being interested in aiding your order. Their Leader Duvaineth despises of the forsaken and how their queen wishes that all fallen hord heroes to be in her control. Perhaps we can arrange to icly meet and see where ic will lead it? As for if u would cooperate only with worgen Dks we have a few in the guild who might icly have a reason to want to help.
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue May 07, 2013 2:06 pm

just RP that your order , council or whatever has a letter or writ or something from the King or some high up minister or croney in the govenment asking for the use of a few Ebons. Nobody'll turn down free RP unless they're some sort of idiotic lore-nazi who'd rather sit around and wait for 5/6 ppl they know to come on and RP
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue May 07, 2013 4:13 pm

Dorothee/Duvaineth wrote:Ur idea is a good one. Raenmar. I am back in Rp and recreated the Wardens. In the registry part u can read and learn more about us. Some Dks of the guild do serve the alliance when not on Ebon Missions. I see the possibility of the Wardens being interested in aiding your order. Their Leader Duvaineth despises of the forsaken and how their queen wishes that all fallen hord heroes to be in her control. Perhaps we can arrange to icly meet and see where ic will lead it? As for if u would cooperate only with worgen Dks we have a few in the guild who might icly have a reason to want to help.
2 month old topic! Read the dates things are put up and if they're longer than a month they're usually not as relevant. Best to PM people and ask otherwise the forum gets spammed with old topics which flood the new away.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue May 07, 2013 11:28 pm

i dunno..if it manages to re-ignite northeren RP or RP in anyway I'm for it
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Wed May 08, 2013 12:31 am

Get rid of the restriction of Worgen and Gilnean DKs only and you have yourself a smashing idea.

1) The average Worgan DKer.... -_-
2) The average Worgan DKer.... *facepalms*
3) The average worg- *facedesk*

Yeah, I have predejuice against most Worgan DKs. I have seen it done right but twice ever.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed May 08, 2013 1:04 am

I it the bad undead rp that annoys you or the bad Worgan RP. I need to know if I should be outraged!!! (jks)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next