Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IC] Poster on all major notice boards around the city

+15
Ledgic
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Allonia_Miral
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Timna
Thondalar Stormleaf
Vaell
Finnabhair
Drustai
Feral / Blackfall
Anivitas
corleth
Humphry
Rae Wulfgnar
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[IC] Poster on all major notice boards around the city Empty [IC] Poster on all major notice boards around the city

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 pm

[IC] Poster on all major notice boards around the city Jeremias-preach

IC: This poster is pinned around the city on major notice boards and around elwynn on Northshire Abbey.

[IC] Poster on all major notice boards around the city Jeremiaspreaching

OOC:

Eh, some bits over used from wow-wiki! Embarassed I wanted to keep it close to lore as possible.
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[IC] Poster on all major notice boards around the city Empty Re: [IC] Poster on all major notice boards around the city

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Torradan reads the writing and groans out loud.

"Reconciling him and the Chapter will be difficult"

Back to top Go down

[IC] Poster on all major notice boards around the city Empty Re: [IC] Poster on all major notice boards around the city

Post by Humphry Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:43 pm

*Humphry pauses on his way home, giving the poster a quick read.*

"Isn't that the chap who wares those silly little sandals? Well, it's good to hear some true words on the matter again, and not the corrupted propaganda from those nut jobs in the Abbey."
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:04 am

*A wizened lector walks Stormwind's streets late at night, stopping to read one of the newly put-up posters on the notice board*

"Hm, nothing out of the ordinary. They never learn, when the populace seek answers they drown them in dense, philosophical prose. No wonder the Church is slowly declining... hold on... "to become truly illuminated a priest must spend several years alone to learn The Three Virtues"?! Balderdash! What utter nonsense, the Light resides in the heart of all.

This elitist doctrine was shown for it was by the Prophet decades ago, may the Light watch over us all if this is the 'vanguard' to lead Stormwind away from the darkness of false prophets and evil."

*noticing he had been standing there speaking to a poster for a good few minutes, alone, at night, the lector peers around and begins to waddle off away to the Cathedral*
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 am

*Belserden is walking back towards his ship, stopping by the poster he would trace his finger down it*

"Light, light, light, priest, light, respect, more Light, Oh! Pretty signature"

*Takes a swig of his bottle of rum*

"I wonder how long till the light bulbs start smashing each other, I want tickets"

*Gives the poster another glance before walking off humming*
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:12 am

* Feral peers closely at one of the posters. He reads it over, twice, very slowly, trying to absorb every word. At length he breaks into a wide, beaming grin, with something very like pride crossing his face. He nods to himself as he speaks: "Good job, Jerry. You tell 'em." *

(( Keep up the good work --I mean, RP! <3 ))

Last edited by Feral / Blackfall on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:04 am

((I very much like this. A bit lengthy for a poster (commoners' attention span is only so long!), but nice to see a true Lightie document instead of all that Anethion crap! >.>

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:11 am

Drustai wrote:((I very much like this. A bit lengthy for a poster (commoners' attention span is only so long!), but nice to see a true Lightie document instead of all that Anethion crap! >.>

(( Yeah, well...your tail is ugly. >=( ))
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:41 am

Kyven approaches the long paper and squints as he tries to read some of the words. Being in the early process of learning to read and write, he struggles...
"F-F-F-Fal-Fel... Fel P-Practice.. and... t-t-t-ten las-lashes on... C-C-C-O-Cof.. Cath... Gr, what is this bloody wor- Cathedral! Fel practice and ten lashes on Cathedral? Wha' kind of idiot wrote this! Teachin' the Fels on my watch, eh?"
Kyven tears down the poster in front of him and scrumples it up. He throws it into the canal with a guttural laugh.
"I better take a snope around those Cathedral types."
Kyven walks off, heading towards the holy place with only one thought in his mind; Nailed it.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:10 am

Simaria walk past the rather long poster and reads it. She wrinkle her nose and walk on.

"Silly People."
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:50 am

Ariandra glances over the poster and stops by the signature. She squints at the name, then looks thoughtful; without further due she slips past the crowds towards the Pig and Whistle.

Timna looks over the parchment with intrigue for a moment, then shakes her head.
"What's with the Light yid and Light yad? Why can't we all just get along? Civil bickering.. isn't there a war on?"
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 am

Arenfel approaches the mass of posters, each set down by a variety of orders. Each one he examines carefully, looking pensive and thoughtful as he does so. As he opens his mouth to speak - to share some great wisdom - a perculiar thought strikes like lightning.

"Where on Azeroth are these people getting the paper, let alone ink, to produce these posters!" He exclaimed, aghast. "Heavens sake, if this keeps up we're going to lose all the trees in Elwynn forest; Orcs will be jealous of our deforestation efforts!"
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:34 pm

Next poster: "Save the trees!"
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:59 am

Bishop Vitalian approaches the poster, reading it thoroughly before taking the name down of the priest and walking away, a smug look on his face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:11 pm

((Which city are these posters distrubted in? It doesn't say in the title.))
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:25 pm

IC: This poster is pinned around the city on major notice boards and around elwynn and Northshire Abbey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Torradan Goodwyn wrote:
IC: This poster is pinned around the city on major notice boards and around elwynn and Northshire Abbey.

Paozi wrote:((Which city are these posters distrubted in? It doesn't say in the title.))

((I make note of this because I am tired of the underlying assumption that, unless otherwise specified, "city" refers to Stormwind. A naive reading of the above written passage would be that it could be any city, including, say, the Undercity. The only reason we know that it's supposed to mean Stormwind is because it is evidently the "standard" location in which any thread in In Character takes place, something I am getting increasingly weary of as of late))

Last edited by Paozi on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:43 pm

That's just pointless nitpicking. It saids Elwynn & Northshire which obviously means Stormwind and no other city.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Torradan Goodwyn wrote:That's just pointless nitpicking. It saids Elwynn & Northshire.

Call it pointless nitpicking if you want, but I feel it is symptomatic of the over-representation of Stormwind on these forums and the silent assumption that it ougth to be and is the centre of role-play on this server. Mind you, it's not anybody's fault, that's just how the language on this forum has grown. I am only trying to make you conscious of it, because I have felt genuinely oppressed by it since day one and I know for a fact that I am not the only one. It's "DefiasRP", not "DefiasSWRP".
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:47 pm

You will never be able to change the fact that the majority of role-players roll Human, that is how it is. Taking it out on a IC poster about the Light is probably not the best place to start.

The majority of people are human therefore most of the announcements will be human made, not only this but multiple guilds don't bother posting here that much and tend to stick to their own guild forum instead which tend to be predominantly Horde. Humans dominate all realms as the #1 RP race, private RP servers and retail, it's always been like that.

This will also be my final post on derailing this here fine poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:50 pm

You tell em, Pao!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Let's be sure not to derail this any further. Paozi, if this is something you want to discuss, do feel free to create a thread on the matter. I'm sure it would be an interesting discussion.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Torradan Goodwyn wrote:You will never be able to change the fact that the majority of role-players roll Human, that is how it is.

I am fairly confident that there are more non-humans than human role-players.

But I agree that this is not the place to bring this up. Perhaps I will make a thread about this when people are ready for it.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Braiden gets one of the posters brought to his desk at city hall. He reads it trough and smirks.

"It seems this man has more uses then I previously thought... perhaps it is time to pay him a visit."

OOC: @ Paozi - If you feel there is too little content generated by out of Stormwind RP why not work to make more? Would you really complain that there's too much comming out of one place rather then be glad the community is alive and thriving (in Stormwind lol)?
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:09 pm

(...Jesus Christ almighty! If I had realized that I should've mentioned specifically Stormwind and not Elywnn then I would've changed it! Or you could've just PM'd me and asked me to correct it? This innocent and small mistake seems to of hit a nerve in you some-how. O_O But perhaps you should make a thread about the only activity there is, is in Stormwind. Besides, Stormwind and humans are clearly the best. )
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next