Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emissary of the Moon - Kaldorei waystation in Stormwind

+20
erwtenpeller
Arkil
Maelmoor
Calisar
Ara
Jondalar Greenfury
Aadaria-Ioanna
Cid
Evesia
Rmuffn
Feeniks
Feydor
Quin
Lexgrad
Allonia_Miral
Skarain
Tuomas/Decurius
Valestrion
Ledgic
siegmund
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Emissary of the Moon - Kaldorei waystation in Stormwind Empty Emissary of the Moon - Kaldorei waystation in Stormwind

Post by Calisar Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:54 am

Stormwind... we came, we saw, we drank your rum (and witnessed a murder or two) was great Wink Now that our campaign in Stormwind is over, a few of us Kaldorei want to maintain these links on a more permanent basis.

So, a suggestion:

Ongoing event: Embassy of the Moon

Initially a waystation for travellers and safe house for those persecuted by the local authorities to be set up in Stormwind. A piece of home abroad offering shelter and hot food to city weary Kaldorei. Could also be used as spying/intelligence posts and as a hub for scholars to study local libraries etc.

If it can be agreed with SW, the waystation would eventually become a full functioning Embassy. Much like real embassies, the location would classify as Kaldorei land, so all local law would stop at the doorway. And here I'd like to know what the local SW guard/military guilds think of this?

Of course diplomatic relations would be necessary with the locals, and they would probably request a similar embassy to be set up in Darnassus. Sentinels would not be allowed within to enforce the law there either. A difficult pill to swallow, but necessary. A toe-hold for SW guilds in Darnassus in return.

Opens the door to various cross-guild RP scenarios like Embassy balls, encounters with the local law forces, etc. Also acts as an excuse for xenophobe types to head to other cities (tour of embassy duty, rp’ing a messenger/guard, etc). Again this would be an ongoing event, built on the strength of who actually would want to be involved and whether other guilds are receptive.

Bear in mind Nature's Grasp is not -moving- to Stormwind, we're still Darnassus based. But this could be a basis for ongoing RP between the cities. any feedback or suggestions for locations would be great.
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Emissary of the Moon - Kaldorei waystation in Stormwind Empty Re: Emissary of the Moon - Kaldorei waystation in Stormwind

Post by Calisar Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:58 am

Maybe I should change the title of this thread to 'LF Stormwind natives'? Wink
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Emissary of the Moon - Kaldorei waystation in Stormwind Empty Re: Emissary of the Moon - Kaldorei waystation in Stormwind

Post by siegmund Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:27 am

Not really a stormwind official or such, but i like the idea. I think it would make some interesting RP, plus the use of diplomatic protection.

I think this should go live, come and drink more rum!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:31 am

I can't see why this would be turned down at all. I guess you'll need to await the word from some people that actually RP characters with near'ish the power to give you an answer :p

Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:09 pm

I'd be in favour of a diplomatic outpost from Darnassus in Stormwind. However, as leader of one of the Guard guilds, I would not be in favour of Stormwind law stopping at the door.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:18 pm

That's how they work though.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:46 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:That's how they work though.
Exactly. An Embassy is an Embassy. But we all know how much Stormwind cares for international laws and guarantees.. *cough*Ambassador Tuomas of Gilneas*cough*
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:17 pm

I feel that no-one of Guard guilds or the Minister of Justice do approve the idea that they can not act beyond those limits IC, so getting it through will require good diplomacy from your part.

I guess it is half of the fun. Wink

Last edited by Skarain on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Or a a bribe, that works too.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:24 pm

When we had the old Dwarven embassy, Stormwind had absolutely no power within it's walls.

Why this would be any different is a little beyond me Wink
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:46 pm

I think it sounds like a good idea.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Ebon embassy plox :p

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Shush, Lex. The Dead have no rights!
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Elves or undead.... I vote elves.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Calisar Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:49 am

Skarain wrote:I feel that no-one of Guard guilds or the Minister of Justice do approve the idea that they can not act beyond those limits IC, so getting it through will require good diplomacy from your part.

Exactly Wink would not expect it to be agreed upon straight away, hence the waystation idea until it is. Handy to know there has already been a Dwarven precedent set though.

Is there a list of people somewhere, or could anyone volunteer suggestions of people we should track down IC about this? I'm guessing some kind of visit to a SW council would be worthwhile too.

siegmund wrote:Elves or undead.... I vote elves.

\o/
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:12 am

*seal of approval*
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:That's how they work though.

Two words - Julian Assange

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Calisar wrote: 'LF Stormwind natives'? Wink

ALL THE REAL NATIVES WILL BE FOUND IN MINER'S STREET(Dwarven district). TO HELL WITH FOREIGNERS
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Preach it brotha.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:53 am

I would say we elves need to contact indeed the SW council. It's a must basicly.

Also house of the Nobles could be good, IC vice. This is diplomacy after all.

Uhm, rum...could we bring our own Moonberry juice?

Of course Kaldorei law starts from our doorstep! This is our EMBASSY! Come and TRY! Twisted Evil *writing orders to Sentinel division*
Two words - Julian Assange
Hear hear Twisted Evil

Um yeah, after all that ruffling the furs...Let's have a ball king And other fun things too
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:47 am

Calisar wrote:
Skarain wrote:I feel that no-one of Guard guilds or the Minister of Justice do approve the idea that they can not act beyond those limits IC, so getting it through will require good diplomacy from your part.

Exactly Wink would not expect it to be agreed upon straight away, hence the waystation idea until it is. Handy to know there has already been a Dwarven precedent set though.

Is there a list of people somewhere, or could anyone volunteer suggestions of people we should track down IC about this? I'm guessing some kind of visit to a SW council would be worthwhile too.

siegmund wrote:Elves or undead.... I vote elves.

\o/

Maybe the Council?
Or Braiden and other authority figures. I am unsure of their activity however. Since I'm mostly on Horde/Pandaria recently.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evesia Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:05 pm

I like this idea though I'm wondering how will this work on the other side of things? I.e, who will be setting up the details of those from Stormwind setting up an embassy in Darnassus as the Circle has not been active in a while which I suppose was the closest thing to the Stormwind Council.

As I see it Natures Grasp doesn't have authority to do such so perhaps to make even more roleplay there could be some sort of open event in Darnassus to discuss this?
Evesia
Evesia

Character sheet
Name: Evesia Moonflame
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:When we had the old Dwarven embassy, Stormwind had absolutely no power within it's walls.

Why this would be any different is a little beyond me Wink

We still have an embassy in SW, we moved it to the Hunter trainer in Dwarven District. (Though since so many buildings are shared and used, we are not alone using it). Wink

I say go for it.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:24 am

I like this idea a lot Very Happy On my part at least, welcome to Stormwind Very Happy
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Calisar Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:11 am

Evesia wrote:I like this idea though I'm wondering how will this work on the other side of things? I.e, who will be setting up the details of those from Stormwind setting up an embassy in Darnassus as the Circle has not been active in a while which I suppose was the closest thing to the Stormwind Council.

As I see it Natures Grasp doesn't have authority to do such so perhaps to make even more roleplay there could be some sort of open event in Darnassus to discuss this?

Yep an open event is certainly doable, and I'll post details on here for it so anyone can come along, the embassies will take a while to set up so we'll likely push on with the waystation idea in the meantime.
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next