Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another RP Character Development and Guild Attempt...

+9
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Zhakiri
Gesh
Raelo/Lucanor
Sanara
Lavian
Zinkle Figgins
(Goggy) - Exilius
Etular
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yet another RP Character Development and Guild Attempt... Empty Yet another RP Character Development and Guild Attempt...

Post by Etular Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:12 pm

The Goon Squad's activities (and the Mechanostrider Race) have rather... How shall I put this?... Motivated me to try RP once again. Hence, I have created this topic for your input on my Character Story and RP Guild idea... Again... The reason I didn't put this in Registry was purely because it also contains a Character Story as well as the guild idea, and I didn't create 2 topics because that could spam up the forums.

Here goes:

Name: Techno-Magus Etular Wilfred Fizzlebomb
Height: 3ft 2in
Weight: 42lbs (huge improvement from my last character, who weighed an insane 80+ lbs Laughing)
Body Type: Short and Slender. More lean and less muscular than the average Gnome.
Face type: A rather slim, oval-shaped face. Other than that, mostly average.
Complexion: Very light (would be considered a 4 on the von Luschen Scale).
Eyes: A pale, icy blue that ever so slightly would look as if it was merging with the outer area of the pupil (can't remember the name... I'm referring to the eye... uh... White Jelly stuff that surrounds the pupil/iris), if not for the black outline around the pupil.
Hair: Icy Blue, long, spiky hair.
Clothing Style: Prefers to wear casual, engineering-related or Magi Outfits.
Speaking Style: He is always rambling on, speaking long-winded and rather pompously - always pulling figures out of his head.
General Demeanour: Contradicting his "Clothing Style", he is a very serious, if not slightly uptight, person.
Career: Techno-Magus/Magister for the House of Arcane Contraption.
Prejudices: 'Pure' Mages, 'Pure' Engineers, those ignorant to what Techno-Mages are, those who have no intention to gain power.
Best Qualities: Patient, intelligent, Hard-working.
Worst Qualities: Overly Paranoid, falling into corruption, uncaring, weak.
Weakness: Lack of Physical Strength (however, that could be removed by RP-Engineering devices...), Insane Paranoia.
Hobbies: Studying Fel, Creating inventions, Testing inventions, Invention-Battling, Studying Written Lore.
Talents: Magic and Engineering.
Biography: Within Gnomeregan, Etular spent most of his life. He had took up the life of the Engineer, working with many of his gnomish friends on small projects of amusement. By the age of 30, Etular was considered more-or-less an "expert" engineer in skill, but thought his inventions were incapable of being helpful to the Alliance in any way (as, like I said, they were mostly for amusement). Also at the age of 30, he invented a rather unique invention - a bomb that fizzles before exploding. This feat earned him his surname of Fizzlebomb by the elders.

He continued to hone his skills until the troggs invaded. He watched in horror as his friend's and family's lives were cruelly snatched away or they descented into madness by the invading troggs and the radiation meant to kill the troggs. Stricken with panic, he searched for survivors and came across other refugees as they ran for their lives - following them to the city of Ironforge.

Where the other Gnomes became inspired to take back Gnomeregan, Etular continued to mourn the loss of his friends and family. Although few still lived, 80% were slaughtered. He no longer had anyone he could truly relate to as a 'friend' or 'family member'. Out of desperation, he took up the art of the Arcane. He enjoyed the feeling of exhilaration he felt from the magic as it coursed through his veins.

Seeking greater power, he got in contact with the forbidden warlocks. He began to study Fel Magic constantly, and used it as a way to numb the pain he felt from losing most of his family and friends.

One and a half years later (Aged 39, Half a year before WoW), the Warlocks had learned of knowledge that he had been infusing his mechanical constructs with the Demonic Fel Power. Infuriated at how Etular had "had the nerve" to perverse the purity of the power of the Fel, they banished him from their group.

Etular, persistent, continued to study the Fel from books etc. Upon banishment, Etular had heard of a place in The Barrens called The House of Arcane Contraption. He set off there and, upon arriving, was admitted into the order. Throughout the time period of WoW and TBC, he trained until he reached the rank of Techno-Magus in the order. This is where he is today.

-----------------------------------------------------

Guild Name: The House of Arcane Contraption (may be shortened if too long)
Guild Type: Heavy RP
Tabard:

Yet another RP Character Development and Guild Attempt... 1583tdh

By the way, the Murky Brown isn't brown. It's Yelurple!

Unique Factor: Uses a variety of both Magic and Engineering in RP.
Basic Plot: Train others in the way of the Techno Mage, inventing and testing inventions.
Guild Forums: [Will Create]
IC Guild Meetings: Weekly, Friday, 7pm realm time, Ratchet.
Event Ideas: Invention Battles, Mechanostrider races (Stolen idea! Muahahahaha!), RP Meetings and events.
How to Join: Via Forums, Letter or Interview.
IC Rules:
1) We are not Super-powerful demigods, vampires etc. We are normal people whom use both Engineering and Magic to our advantage. (E.g. Guns that fire Shadow Bolts/Frost Bolts etc. and, to an extent, Mechanical Suits are okay. A beam that can destroy Azeroth is not)
2) You cannot automatically hit/kill people! You can attempt it, but they can also counter it.
3) OOCly, you can attack Horde (and I would highly advise to do so), but ICly, the House is Neutral.
4) You must be of a magical class other than Paladin (Priest, Warlock, Mage, Druid and Shaman). The reason why I don't allow Paladins is that, Paladins (and to an extent, Shamans) are more Melee than Magic and, thus, are not magically-inclined.
OOC Rules:
1) Obey Blizzard Rules. 'Tis obvious as to why.
2) Guild Chat is IC.
3) /join HouseOfArcaneContraption

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Opinions?
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Yet another RP Character Development and Guild Attempt... Empty Re: Yet another RP Character Development and Guild Attempt...

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:22 pm

Sounds neat and looks good! Very Happy

Allthough, I'd still say, you'd be better off joining a Guild instead with the background you got.

Jump into one and get some friends and join in on some agendas, instead of creating yet another guild which you ultimately will replace with yer 101'th new idea. D:
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Yet another RP Character Development and Guild Attempt... Empty Re: Yet another RP Character Development and Guild Attempt...

Post by Etular Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:34 pm

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:Sounds neat and looks good! Very Happy

Thanks.

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:
Allthough, I'd still say, you'd be better off joining a Guild instead with the background you got.

What guild could cater for a Techno-mage? Apparently, Mages see them as a perversion of the purity of magic, while engineers see them as a perversion of the purity of engineering.

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:
Jump into one and get some friends and join in on some agendas, instead of creating yet another guild which you ultimately will replace with yer 101'th new idea. D:

Then again, either way, that 101'th idea will cause me to come out with a snide comment to the guild leader subconsciously or lie about confidential information in jest and get me kicked anyway. It's happened in various guilds already.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Well, good luck. Just a question: I never understood how a guild chat could be IC. I mean, isn't a little bit weird communicating IC with people who are in another zone, or even in another continent?
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:41 pm

The Forsaken would accept you with umm open guts!
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:03 pm

As someone who's long planned a techno-mage story myself[I hate the term techno-mage as it sounds so....Yeah] I wish you good luck in this.

EDIT: House of Arcane contraption is more magi and warlock role, dunno why druids, shamans and priests are involved.

Last edited by Ovelia "Snow" Adair on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Damor/Zinkle wrote:Well, good luck. Just a question: I never understood how a guild chat could be IC. I mean, isn't a little bit weird communicating IC with people who are in another zone, or even in another continent?

Not really. Most IC Guild are what's happening "hours earlier" etc. and/or when we are offline. Thus, most time, events aren't discussed or acknowledged until after the next weekly meeting.

/g *enters the building/house* Greetings, fellow house mates.
[Player One][Guild]: *salutes* Greeting, Techno-Magus Etular!
/g Ah, Greetings, Player One. May I ask what invention you are working on there?

Etcetera.

It's far more enjoyable than it sounds, and also aids in Character Development. When i was back on Darkmoon Faire realm, my imp almost got eaten by someone's pet hyena in Guild chat. Laughing

As funny as it sounds, if people play along, it could add to some pretty hilarious consequences.

On the otherhand, there are people who use "Phone-Orbs" or something similar... I frown upon that...

Ovelia wrote:As someone who's long planned a techno-mage story myself[I hate the term techno-mage as it sounds so....Yeah] I wish you good luck in this.

Thanks. I, myself, am not too fond of the name "Techno-Mage" either... Sounds slightly cheesy to me.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:35 pm

*torpedo*

In all seriousness though, we don't need two guilds doing the same thing. See the recent "Scarlet" incident on the realm forums.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks. I, myself, am not too fond of the name "Techno-Mage" either... Sounds slightly cheesy to me.
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Merandil wrote:*torpedo*

In all seriousness though, we don't need two guilds doing the same thing. See the recent "Scarlet" incident on the realm forums.

...But didn't those Scarlets have a complete and utter lore screw? Not to mention, there is a huge difference between an Engineer and Techno-Mage.

The techno mage knows how to connect with their technological weapons, channeling their magic through them. Their gun does not shoot bullets, but fireballs or dire rats. The techno mage can, by touch, place any spell they have prepared into a technological weapon. The weapon’s next attack does not consume ammunition or fuel (if applicable). Instead, the weapon attacks with the spell. Note that characters firing (or otherwise employing) a weapon so enhanced do not need to target creatures; one could fire a long rifle containing a frost nova at a spot on the ground, for instance. Wherever the weapon strikes, the spell occurs. If the attack misses, depending on the spell involved, the attack might be wasted or the spell effect might scatter, as a splash weapon. If the techno mage uses this ability on a melee weapon, the weapon can deliver the spell with a physical attack. Note that this ability is not necessarily aggressive. It can cure serious wounds and teleport just as easily as starfall.

As the techno mage becomes more and more in tune with their inventions, they can feel them as if they were sentient beings. They can almost communicate with them, telling ammunition and even grenades where to go. When a device breaks, usually from a malfunction, most consider it lost forever, or, at least until a skilled tinker has a good, long, expensive look at it. The techno mage can touch a device and coax it into one last use, putting some of their energy into it to keep it together. A skilled techno mage can truly feel the machines they touch. They can put their consciousness into a machine, vehicle or suit of steam armor and command it to move as if they were inside it. They control the device completely. They are often able to force a device to do things of which it is otherwise incapable, since their mind controls it directly. While controlling a device in this manner, the techno mage’s body is in a trance-like state, and they are unaware of their surroundings.

From WoW Wiki. My favourite sentence (and the sentence that, in my opinion, proves my point the most) would be the last. Where an engineer can command mechanical structures, we can become them, more or less. We can infuse spells into our weapons etc.

Quite honestly, the Mehanostrider race idea was just one idea I stole. Nothing really "big" or "revolutionary" that people would fight over. The Invention-wars may be slightly Mechanically-Inclined, but it would require magic to control the constructs to do so, would it not? If anything, I can imagine our guilds (if mine succeeds) being rivals, more or less (maybe not openly hostile, but at least unfriendly). Where my guild would see 'pure' Engineers or 'pure' Mages as stuck up, most 'pure' Mages/Engineers see a mixture of the two as a perversion of their profession's purity.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:18 pm

What I mean is that we already -have- Techno-Mages in GAIRDAS. Blinkie is one.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Merandil wrote:What I mean is that we already -have- Techno-Mages in GAIRDAS. Blinkie is one.

Shocked Okay... Erm... scratch

Any other ideas for a guild idea, people? tongue

Speaking of which, does anyone have any tips on how I can play a techno-mage?
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelo/Lucanor Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:29 pm

Etular, just join either the Tinker Federation (we aren't that picky on which arts you exactly practice) or like Merandil suggested, the Science Institute. They'd both fit your background.
Raelo/Lucanor
Raelo/Lucanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:35 pm

A guild devoted to The study of Fel magic would be cool.

But maybe, ones that only kept it secretic. To save their skins. Not exactly evil.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:04 pm

Pavvie/Edervic/Vectoria wrote:A guild devoted to The study of Fel magic would be cool.

But maybe, ones that only kept it secretic. To save their skins. Not exactly evil.

I am tempted, but I plan on first recreating my Background Story all over again. I plan for my Character to either be Lawful Evil or Lawful Neutral in Alignment. The "Fel" part of my character suggests the former, however, I planned to create a Techno-Mage that is part of the latter alignment. Still, even if my character was Lawful Neutral, I'd have still wanted him to be overly paranoid and appear as Evil. I doubt such a seemingly evil character would work well in GAIRDAS (Spelling?), plus, I most certainly wouldn't consider such a character to be my most comfortable style of RP (The only reason I had decided to try it was because my other Guild Ideas and character Ideas had gone downhill).

I've already described what I want my character to be like in another topic:

Etular wrote:
As for mine, he's most of all a Affably Evil, He is most certainly a Noble Demon, I want him to most certainly be a Friendly Enemy who will try to convince the enemy that "We can rule together!", He will most certainly be Wicked Cultured, Like most Gnomes, he is Sesquipedalian Loquacious, however, if put into a life or death situation he will be caught fighting dirty and kicking people while they are down, but otherwise he is honourable. He is Straight-Edge Evil, If he captures people he will treat them as a guest whether Friend or Enemy and the fact that he's Affably Evil means that he'll not just shove people in a dark, damp dungeon.

For more information, look here.

EDIT: He was just passing through! No, ofcourse he didn't purposely save the hero from his own Death trap! Uh... The Hero owed him money! Yes, that's it!

However, my problem is that I have no idea how to Roleplay them. I have no idea how to incorporate everything into one character and how they would act.

In the end, I've decided to start from scratch - using Ends/Means and a Character Diamond.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:01 pm

I've got my Ends/Means and Character Diamond.

Character Diamond

Megalomaniac - A mixture of the words Evil, Power-Hungry and Scheming. Etular has a constant drive for power, and is willing to kick puppies and gouge people's eyes out to get there. He constantly schemes and comes up with plans for his next attempt. This, in retrospective, makes him ever so slightly similar to Niby the Almightly. Only slightly, however. Fel Magic, perhaps?

Paranoid - A mixture of the words Subtle, Inquisitive, survivalist and, ofcourse, the word paranoia itself. Etular is constantly fearful for his own life, and is deluded with the thought that everyone is out to kill him. For this reason, he tries to remain as subtle and out-of-the-limelight as possible, constantly questioning others and is willing to do anything to survive (including fighting dirty). Could be caused, again, by Fel Magic either corrupting him or making him fearful others will find out.

Impersonal - A mixture of the words Intelligent, Methodical and Phlegmatic. Etular is rather emotionless when he puts his plans into action. He is, naturally, an intelligent and orderly person. The reason I put the word Impersonal is that, when putting to action his plans, as long as certain conditions are met, which I will describe in the last point. He is emotionless and uncaring, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have certain taboos...

Just - A mixture of Suave, Honourable and Lawful. This is where we will describe the exceptions to the third Diamond, and elaborate more on the second. Despite being paranoid, he still makes attempts to gain other people's favour. Strength in numbers, so to speak. Due to this, he is naturally suave and courteous to others. Other than fighting dirty (which he would only do in a life/death situation), he has a strong sense of honour - If he gives his word, he will not break it; he won't betray friends, he will obey the laws to the best extent. However, don't mistake that for being Good - he will still kill someone if legal to do so and/or it would help him move into a higher position of power, and he would also still form a rather evil government if put into power. Lawful - similar to honourable, won't break laws. Now, for Diamond #3's exceptions - He simply won't let people die without a good reason for him to kill them. He'll destroy everything you may have, but will only do so if it won't end up killing anyone unnecessarily in the process. If the good guy/s is/are about to die to one of his traps, he'll save them. On the otherhand, if having them die would get him in a higher position, he'd kill them happily. He'd happily dine with the enemy, if only to get to know him a bit better. If the enemy were imprisoned, he'd make sure they were treated rather well as long as it didn't affect his chances at promotion (in which case, if it did, he'd explain that to the hero as to assure him it wasn't personal). He won't kill or severely punished men who have failed him etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ends

Etular seeks to be in control of the law or, at the very least, maintain law and order while working his way up at a steady pace.

Etular seeks ultimate power (could be political power, as described above, but this point is more in reference to Fel/Magical power).

Etular wishes to learn to enslave some form of powerful demon.

Etular seeks to keep his Fel Magic, Demonology and true intentions hidden from others.

Etular seeks to be able gather a group of followers to work under him (E.g. A Guild!).

Means

Etular has learned Fel Magic, and is relatively good at it.

Like most gnomes, Etular is an avid Engineer.

Being a Warlock-in-disguise, Etular is in contact with the criminal underground and, thus, can easily gather some necessary resources (such as poison etc.).

Etular works with the law instead of going against it, making him far less likely to be arrested.

Etular is Affably Evil, meaning that some people may even learn to like him. He's relatively kind, but will be cruel if doing so will bring him closer to his ultimate goals ("Ends"). Think Drakuru who, after betraying you for power, apologised and still offered you a position of power.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:58 pm

Looks great, now join one of the random RP guilds that there are and get into their plots whilst developing your character and your own.

You've focused so friggen damn much time on yer schemes and ideas, giving up one for the other. Alas, make it easier for yourself, join one of the current communities there be and advance work from there.

You'll likely have plenty of opportunities to show how awesomely evil Etular is and what atricious deeds he would be willing to commit in order to get that last twinky from the shop.

Szaszputy.
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:33 pm

As already said:

Then again, either way, that 101'th idea will cause me to come out with a snide comment to the guild leader subconsciously or lie about confidential information in jest and get me kicked anyway. It's happened in various guilds already.

Joining another guild will just cause other people's misery and make me more infamous OOCly (and yes, that is possible).
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Oh shush, you've been given plenty of offers from multiple guids to join, wether be it as a gnome or undead.

,/slap

Do something, all this scheming and brainstorming is futile.
Jump aboard and give it a shot'
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:54 pm

None of the other guilds are ebil enough for me...

Definition of Ebil from Urban Dictionary:

Evil beyond evil. A cute, fuzzy thing gone terribly, terribly wrong.
Man, did you see what that Zorbak did to the Moglins? Forcing them to sing Britney Spears songs in pink, frilly dresses .... that was just EBIL.

So... Uh... Yeah. Plus, it's hard to play a power-hungry, megalomaniac character when you're working under someone with little authority in a sweetie shop or something along those lines. Not to mention, as for Tinker's Court, I would have no idea how to act my character out. "I suggest we wage war on Stormwind!" - /me gets slaughtered by the rest of the gnoams.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:09 pm

"I suggest we wage war on Stormwind!" - /me gets slaughtered by the rest of the gnoams.

That is the fecking point! You don't -know- what the hell is going to happen!? IT ISN'T PLANNED OUT!

You go out, you RP, you have the reactions from your actions, you continue to RP. YOU DON'T KNOW BEFORE HAND! If you did that would ruin it!!!!!1

You play your character, people play their characters, you mix.

Be ebil, be evil, be short, be tall, be fat, be ugly, be beautiful, be powerhungry, be pathetic....THE POINT IS IT IS MEANT TO BE FUN! YOU CAN BE ANYTHING FOR FLIPS SAKE!...

Just go Rp.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:20 pm

I planned out Nygarth's death.

But yes Etular enough is enough, stop brainstorming, actually RP and just see where it takes you little man.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:23 pm

Ovelia "Snow" Adair wrote:I planned out Nygarth's death.

QQ.

Anyway, sorry about that lil rage. Kinda pissed at the broken login server...Anyway..

There is planning an event or something, like a death ^^, but everyday RP isn't meant to be planned. You aren't meant to manufacture peoples reactions to your character. I mean, aslong as it isn't too far out there. You can do -whatever- you want. So just go damn do it...

FYI, I reckon that RPing a evil going to take over the world gnome, that has to work in a sweet shop to fund his evil and constantly failing schemes, to be a fecking awesome idea. Wink

Last edited by Nygarth/Rir'rae on Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:26 pm

Etular my friend, you spend too much time thinking about what you could be roleplaying, rather than actually roleplaying..

Fuck it all, create a random alt and let the roleplay take you where it takes you.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:35 pm

As I told you yesterday, both with a guild and a character, start with a simple concept which makes sense and just play, the rest will follow.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next