Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bourbon

3 posters

Go down

Bourbon Empty Bourbon

Post by Jayse Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:34 pm

"Sir, you wished to speak?"

"Ah yes, there you are Six. I was wondering when you'd decide to show you're face.." Mathias had that look about him. Expressionless, as if he'd offer to shake a hand then throw you through a window without so much as checking to see how you hit the floor. "Close the door.. and take a seat would you?" The Masters sillhouette blocked the majority of the evening sun cascading across rich oak woodwork, almost igniting a single decanter of bourbon resting beside his daggers atop the desk; which itself took a commanding position in the middle of the room..

Jayse, closing the door behind him gently.. simply watched as he almost humbly took a seat in one of the two chairs. Making eye contact only briefly with Master Shaw, not out of arrogance or contempt.. oh no, not at all. Because he'd only taken ten seconds to realise he was in for it. He could all but stare at the decanter for something to focus on as Mathias slowly took a laid back seat in the chair opposite, yet keeping immaculate posture as he appeared to be thinking, his brow slightly furrowed for a moments breath.

"You we're supposed to report back weeks ago yet no word. I've had operatives all over looking for you, from.. from.." Shaw suddenly snapped raising his voice yet kept his iron composure "FROM BLOODY NORTH TO SOUTH! EAST TO WEST AND PRAY TELL NEARLY THIS LIFE AND THE NEXT!"

The room fell silent as the two men simply looked at each other, one glaring daggers. The other.. with a slightly bowed head just enough to look back. The muffled sounds of activity in Elwynn House beyond the door fell silent for all but a second, then resumed.

Jayse lifted his head to speak.. Mathias didn't offer him the chance to..

"No matter, thankfully we already know. I had you followed from Dalaran to Draenor, quite the trip. I'd ask what possessed you but again I need not. My question is.. Six.. How are you holding up..?" Jayse simply blinked looking up then lowerd his head trying to put the words together into some form of recieved vocabulary, but simply closed his eyes. Mathias continued, resting both arms on the desk, interlocked fingers centered to his chest as perfect rightangles.

"You've been like this for some time now, and in due credit to yourself. You've managed thus far to keep a lid on it. I had my doubts.. at first before we would even let one of our own, toy with the very power that has laid claim of responsibility for so much death. Yes.. I know. I knew all along.."

Jayse slowly lifted his head to equal Mathias in formed conversation "Sir, I.. I'm sorry.." Mathias simply formed a small grin and leaned just enough to slide two glasses between them, decantering. "Sorry?.. What for?.. You we're given orders to speak of it to no-one unless absolutley nessicary for means to end. In that, you held you're given directive" Sliding a glass quarter full to Jayse with a slight nod then fell silent, sipping. Only now offering a chance to speak.

"I'm not sure what I was looking for Sir, i'm not even sure why I felt compeled. I just.. did.. It's proving difficult to explain.." Jayse mustered a little courage with a sip himself bringing the glass to his lips. Then resting it against his cheek. Shaw simply nodded, but only a little. "That wasteland's a breeding ground for all manner of ill.. but the only reason I can think of is largley simple. You wished to see one's own fate"

He had a knack for it. Looking right through you no matter how opaque you painted yourself. "My advice.." He continued , drawing himself to stand and slowly face the window looking down at the courtyard below. "You need something to focus on, turns out I have just the thing. Commander Angelos has been looking for you, i'd make haste to the keep.."

"Sir?.." Jayse tilted his head slightly in reply.

"You have your orders Six.." Shaw took a sip from the glass and said nothing more, the sign of concluded buisness. Rising from the chair and draining his glass, Jayse turned for the door.

"Oh.. and Six.."

"Sir?"

"Good luck.. and keep your head"

"Thankyou sir"
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Bourbon Empty Re: Bourbon

Post by Shaelyssa Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:22 pm

I loved the whole Spooks feel to it (just finished season 1!) and aw, poor Jayse getting shouted at in the beginning ... although he totally deserves it (probably) pfff! And are Geldar and Jayse gonna fight or something? Definitely something I wanna see Wink.

I loved it though!!! I totally sensed the whole "gentlemen vibe" thing when Shaw finally calmed down and they started talking properly.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:46 pm

^^ Thankyou. Thought it had been a while since I wrote anything.
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:08 pm

Good to see you writing again!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet